Many manufacturers focus on waterproofness, breathability, and visibility, but the cheaper manufacturers don’t tend to optimize their designs for draining water from the liner and pockets.
In this video we demonstrate how much water a cheap PVC foul weather suit can retain versus a more expensive Gore-Tex jacket designed specifically to shed water from the liner and pockets.
That may not seem like a big deal, but it could literally mean the difference between life and death if you fall in the water.
– This content is offered solely for your education and entertainment.
– There are no warranties, expressed or implicit, about any content or its fitness for a particular purpose.
– There are risks of injury, death, drunkenness, and financial hardship involved in sailing.
– The skipper is always responsible for the safety of their vessel and crew.
– Sailing Tips is not responsible or liable in any way for anything that happens on or anywhere near your boat or any boat that we are not in command of.
#sailing #foul #weather #gear #sailingtips