Marblehead to Halifax Canceled; Alternative Races Planned

Sail News

The Marblehead to Halifax race that was scheduled for this summer has been canceled due to continuing Covid concerns. Organizers at the Boston Yacht Club and Royal Nova Scotia Yacht Squadron who co-sponsor the event have made the decision because of uncertainty about when the US/Canada border, which has been closed to non-essential travel since March of 2020, will re-open. Instead, each club will host its own distance race. In a statement, the joint regatta committee said, “We are concerned that we won’t have time to properly prepare for the race or give our competitors ample time to prepare their yachts when or if the restrictions are lifted before July. Our attention and efforts will now turn to our respective options where both the Boston Yacht Club and the Royal Nova Scotia Yacht Squadron will look to hold slightly shorter races that will start around the same time. More information on these will be available in the coming weeks from our respective yacht clubs.”

The race committee described their decision as “sad,” but promised that the 363-mile race will be back in 2023.

April 2021

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

Extraordinary boats: Tapio Lehtinen’s Gaia 36 Asteria
Why Anchoring Like the Swedes is Scary! [S5E10]
Sail Life – New dive compressor and port in Porto 🍷🤿
piano tutorial – Snail Mail Forever Sailing outro
Black Friday outboard deals: 5 fantastic options

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *