ACE Postpones Prada Cup

Sail News

New covid cases in New Zealand have slammed the breaks on the selection series for the America’s Cup, forcing the postponement of Prada Cup racing and calling into question the remainder of the series. The America’s Cup Event (ACE) has put out a statement on their position as well as what spectators can expect for the next few weeks given different potential alert levels for Auckland. 

The ACE statement has announced that:

– If the alert levels drop to level 1 in time, then racing will resume this weekend.

– If the alert level remains at 3 or 2, which obviously entails restrictions in gatherings and difficulties with events, racing and event activations would need to be rescheduled to recommence the PRADA Cup Final on Friday 26 February. To respect the original timeframe scheduled between the Prada Cup Final and the America’s Cup Match, Race 1 of the Match would subsequently begin a week later on Saturday 13 March with the intention of racing still being completed by 21 March.

This decision was not supported by the Challenger of the Record which would prefer the continuation of racing and the completion of the Prada Cup on the originally scheduled February 24 timeline. In the event that the series cannot be completed by then, they believe whichever team is leading in points should be declared the winner and awarded the chance to face Emirates Team New Zealand in the America’s Cup.

To read the ACE’s full statement, click here

Products You May Like

Articles You May Like

SEA TRIAL After 8 months in the Boat Yard
recreating my FIRST makeup tutorial
We Sailed to a CREEPY Abandoned Russian Town in the NORTH POLE!
WAKTU ADALAH UANG || PANEN TOMAT KEJAR TARGET SATU JAM SELESAI@hidayahrecord.tutorial.No1
Boat Review: Fountaine-Pajot Aura 51

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *